[RePol] Bill Stewart kills babies after he molests them. Honest! / Re: Pasting in From:

TruthMonger tm at dev.null
Tue Dec 2 09:29:40 PST 1997

Robert A. Costner wrote:
> At 07:45 AM 12/2/97 -0600, TruthMonger wrote:
> >  So what's the problem? Has everyone forgotten how to use their
> >delete key?   Does nobody have anything better to do with their time
> >and resources than to waste them being offended by people who are
> >trying to offend them?
>
> Well TruthMonger (if that is your real name,) I think you are missing the
> point.  For purposes of the discussion, no one cares about the content of
> the messages, who or why they are being sent, nor is anyone bothered by
> anything concerning the message itself.  What's being discussed is scarce
> resources of remailer operators.

  I was responding to Bill and Lance's comments in regard to forgery
victims being set up as targets of retribution. I think references to
"deplorable content" indicate some measure of judgement in regard to
defining what is considered 'abuse' of a remailer.
  However, you are right about the thread basically dealing with the
reprecussions to the remailer operators and their resources as an end
result of the particular modes of remailer use. At the risk of actually
being on-topic in a thread, I should point out that I have always been
of the opinion that it is up to the individual remailer operators to
judge what level and types of use they are able to provide as a service
with their given time and resources.

> Most remailers are operated with donated time and resources.  Problems with
> the remailer, especially artificially generated ones, are just simply not
> desired.

  True, but I doubt that the artificially generated attacks on a
remailer are possible to fully deter, no matter what convolutions
one puts themselves through in order to stop it.
  I can post the following to USENET: