RICE v PALADIN ENTERPRISES

Robert A. Costner pooh at efga.org
Mon Dec 1 11:24:22 PST 1997

At 11:38 AM 12/1/97 -0600, William H. Geiger III wrote:
>The reason Hit Man, and other such "undrground" text, are not available on
>the local book stores is because the major publishing houses will not
>print them! Paladin Press is a mail order company because major retailers
>will not shelf the books that they print. I can hardly see Paladin turning
>down a 100,000 copy order from Barns & Nobel or Books-A-Million or any of
>the other major chains. I am quite sure that if one looks at the records
>of Paladin one will see that they sold their books to whomever wished to
>purchase them (after all thet is the business they are in).

Barnes and Noble does in fact sell "Hit Man" for $10, the apparent list
price.  While a non stocked item, it can be special ordered and the
delivery time is claimed to be four to six weeks (I've found that in
practice about one week is usually required on special orders.)  Ingram
Books (wholesale) does not seem to carry Hit Man, but Amazon.com has it in
stock for $8, delivery in two to four days.

  -- Robert Costner                  Phone: (770) 512-8746
     Electronic Frontiers Georgia    mailto:pooh at efga.org
     http://www.efga.org/            run PGP 5.0 for my public key