Another Anti-Privacy Bigot Heard From (was: The Guilmette/Burnore deba

owner-cypherpunks at toad.com owner-cypherpunks at toad.com
Mon Dec 1 10:07:05 PST 1997

Joe "We are Borg" Foster <joe at bftsi0.UUCP> wrote:

> > That was an impressive tantrum that you and Belinda just staged.  I
> > suppose you thought it would distract attention from the fact that
> > you still refuse to reveal what your motive was for harassing Jeff
> > Burchell this summer in a failed attempt to get him to turn over the
> > logs containing the names and e-mail addresses of everyone who
> > either sent or received an anonymous message through his remailer.
>
> Et tu, dumbass? Have you forgotten the existence of the "old" Deja News
> database?

That won't work for two reasons:  First, Gary is now "cloaking" his
posts with an "X-No-Archive" header to keep them from being archived
by neutral parties such as DejaNews.  In addition, if you do a
search on his name as author in the old database, you get a bunch of
matches that say "article not available", indicating that he's
requested that such articles be removed from the archives.  Second,
how does one search for something that was never posted?  The only
thing I see in the Deja News archives is Jeff Burchell's explanation
of Burnore's $cientology-esque attack on his remailer: