Forwarded mail...

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 27 16:07:58 PDT 1997

At 11:22 AM 8/23/97 -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
>This is only part of the story. Most persons afflicted with these sorts of
>disorders are not caused by any sort of lesion but rather a geneticly based
>anomaly in brain development. Dyslexia is a prime example.

Dyslexia's harder to help, but in an online environment you _can_
help agraphia (or bad typing) by using spell checkers.  Sure, the
spell checker may occasionally miss misspelled words, and may "fix"
words that were correctly spelled, but you're still probably ahead of the
game.  And they may not recognize "genetically" either, but it's a start.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)