In Defense of Pat Robertson and the "700 Club"

Lynne L. Harrison lharrison at mhv.net
Sat Aug 23 16:38:43 PDT 1997

At 02:08 AM 8/23/97 -0700, you wrote:

>If Pat Robertson called for the death by stoning of UFO believers, it was
>almost certainly rhetorical hyperbole, like Rush Limbaugh's suggestions of
>what ought to be done to lesbians.

The Anti-UFO movement has replaced (or is along side of) the
anti-evolutionary movement.  It is Robertson's and his ilk's belief that
UFO's are anti-Christian, i.e., Satan's plot to disprove biblical teachings
- specifically, if there is life on other worlds, then the Bible is
incorrect in that man was created in God's image since Vulcans, Klingons,
and whom/whatever would also have to be added as being created in God's image.

Lynne L. Harrison, Esq.     |    Lazlo's Chinese Relatively Axiom:
Poughkeepsie, New York      |    "No matter how great your triumphs or
lharrison at mhv.net           |    how tragic your defeats, approximately
http://www.dueprocess.com   |    one billion Chinese couldn't care less."

DISCLAIMER:  I am not your attorney; you are not my client.
             Accordingly, the above is *NOT* legal advice.