lack of evolutionary pressures (was Re: An end to "court (fwd)

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Sat Aug 23 13:56:09 PDT 1997

At 01:58 PM 8/23/97 -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
>This I agree with completely. At no point in the Constitution does it give
>the federal government the job of welfare. It also does not provide for any
>mechanism for law enforcement (ie DEA, NSA, FBI, etc.) outside of taxes and
>inter-state commerce.

So we are all in agreement:  when I mentioned Norplant briefly being a
precondition for receiving welfare benefits, I was talking about a example
that I recall to have occurred in a single state. [I can't remember the
state. Anyone?] It appears you agree that States are allowed by the US
Constitution to impose such requirements, subject to the state's own
constitutions.

--Lucky Green <shamrock at netcom.com>
  PGP encrypted mail preferred.
  DES is dead! Please join in breaking RC5-56.
  http://rc5.distributed.net/