Shooting the taggers

Wazoo MixMaster mix at earth.wazoo.com
Sat Aug 23 07:36:40 PDT 1997

Tim May wrote:
> And yet can J. Random Businessman defend his property against this
> defacing? Nope. The cops say "Let us handle crimes." But they don't.
>
> There's a solution for taggers: snipers.

There appears to be a wonderful market for long-range nonlethal
stun weapons. I wonder, if a tagger is marking your building,
would it be legal to stun him from a distance and then call the
cops?

Rape can be argued to be deserving of serious punishment of some kind,
but would tagging deserve death when a nonlethal option exist? Could
not the woman stun the rapist and then call the cops?

-THE LIE