My Vague Wording (Re: Rants by Zooko about Emotionally Stunted Men)

gturk at concentric.net gturk at concentric.net
Fri Aug 22 09:50:12 PDT 1997

At 01:09 PM 8/21/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Or do you mean like the characterization of list members as
"socio-economic
>cult" members?

Unfortunately, expressing one's views in public creates the possibility
for one's own words to be misinterpreted by others, whether intentionally
or by a simple misunderstanding.

FYI, my reference to "socio-economic cults", originally in the Subject:
line of my post, was not meant as a characterization of the members of the
Cypherpunks list.  I was using the phrase to refer to any of a number of
-isms regarding the redistribution of property against the consent of the
creators/owners of the property.  For that reason (among others) I
included the quote from Bastiat, but perhaps I did not make the point
clear enough.

Sorry for the confusion.

-geoff