heart

Ray Arachelian sunder at brainlink.com
Thu Aug 21 18:12:40 PDT 1997

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} wrote:

> We can't let one group or other be considered less the human[1].  No one
> is less or more desurving of basic rights.  The second you allow yourself
> to take that fundermentle step of saying that a group is less worthy then
> anouther group you tread down the path that leeds to desaster.

They already make themselves less than human by their actions, not by
their identity.

> The unfortunate inserdent with the plunger is an eclent example of what
> I'm saying.  This the victom was reduced from a human to someone without
> thouse rights in the mind of the perpertator.

Untrue, the victim remained human, the cop was inhuman in his treatment.
It doesn't matter what his thoughts were, his actions made him inhuman.

> So we should resond in a simmler mannor?

An eye for an eye, a toilet plunger for another.  That's the only true
justice there can be.

> Exactly.  I can see a hellish future where the Cyperpunks have become the
> FBI.  While we may be canting cyperpunk type ideology we would be doing
> FBI style actions.

Distinction: cypherpunks don't want to control or take away your privacy.
Cypherpunks don't use toilet plungers.  Cypherpunks write code. :)
FBI should NOT exist.

> Annd who will have freedom in your would?  Your suggested means tell me
> more about your motives then your speech dose.

Everyone.  Not in my world, but everyone's world.  The only law that
should exist is "do what you will as long as you harm none."  By harm I
only mean the following: physically (i.e. beat, kill, maim, etc.) and
property (i.e. theft, damage.)  Everything else is just excess bullshit.

There are a billion and one ways to harm a person physically.  You don't
need a billion and one laws to state that it is wrong.  One is sufficient.

> [1] Unless like me thay have volenterly rejected that lable [2]
> [2] It however dosn't mean I regard myself less or more disuriving of
> basic 'human' rights.

Who does?  Who deserves less than basic human rights?  And yes, unlike the
scum that run the FBI, I include total privacy as a basic human right.
Just as important as the right to speak, think, or breathe air.

I understand your fears, but hating the enemy and knowing the enemy isn't
becoming it.  Revolutions aren't about taking over, they're about freedom
from the injustices done by the older regime.  Sure, in time the political
scum will rise to the top and another will be needed.  We've seen that
here already.

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    |Prying open my 3rd eye.  So good to see |./|\.
..\|/..|sunder at sundernet.com|you once again. I thought you were      |/\|/\
<--*-->| ------------------ |hiding, and you thought that I had run  |\/|\/
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  |away chasing the tail of dogma. I opened|.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"|my eye and there we were....            |.....