Socio-Economic Cults (Re: CypherPunk Cults)

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Aug 21 18:08:03 PDT 1997

At 11:34 AM -0700 8/21/97, ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 gturk at concentric.net wrote:
>
>> TruthMonger wrote:
>>
>> >  Tim speaks of those who feel it is their duty/right to "collect
>> >tribute from those who don't want to make the contribution freely."
>>
>> You must be referring to the Cult of Redistribution.
>
>The way I see it is quite simple,  if these peaple where not payed off it
>is most likely that thay will turn to crime.  Other then condemming every
>single impovished person to death, this is one of the better soultions to
>a difficalt problem.
>
>- --
>Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia see the url in my header.

Given that the U.S. already has a huge system for redistributing wealth,
and a very high crime rate, what is your evidence for your claim?

Agraphia or not, this is one of the lamest posts I've seen in years. Wealth
is to be taken from those who have worked for it or put their capitcal at
risk and given ("redistributed") to those who have done neither, just
because we're afraid they'll steal it from us or "turn to crime" if we
don't pay them off?

What's wrong with chopping the hands off of thieves and executing muderers?
A lot of cultures have very little forcible redistribution of wealth, and
little crime.

The United States has a lot of redistribution of wealth and a lot of crime.

--Tim May