Canarypunk: Jim Bell in a coalmine

Alan alan at ctrl-alt-del.com
Mon Aug 18 10:01:37 PDT 1997

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Blanc wrote:

> >From Robert Hettinga:
>
> >Well, if he's still in there, and Vince Cate is up for it, we can probably
> >give you a scholarship, which, for FC98, means we let you in the door free.
> [.....]   Mostly it's to show that I, and maybe Vince, if
> >not the rest of the FC++ organization, realize that there, for the grace of
> >the net, go us, too, someday, if we don't do something to show that people
> >like Jim Bell, however loony or repugnant their ideas are to us personally,
> >are not alone.
>
> I was kidding, but that's awful nice of you, even if I still must pay for
> the rest of it.   Yes, I'll still go visit JimBob - I'll have to find out
> about his location, hours, etc.    Again, if any of you in this area would
> like to make the trip or meet there, perhaps meeting later as well for
> dinner and scholaryly discussion on the perils of free speech and such,
> please let me know.

Does any one know if he can have visitors?  Posting the hours he can see
people would be helpful.  (Also what we can and cannot bring him to read
and/or use.)

I might be able to get a bunch of the Portland crowd to make a weekend
trip up there.

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.