Child Porn and Eternity (Re: "Leotards and the Law...

Mike Duvos enoch at zipcon.net
Wed Aug 13 21:09:38 PDT 1997

Tim May writes:

> Such images (including non-morphed images of real nude children, or even of
> children engaging in sex, and so on) are, by the way, good candidates for
> Eternity servers. If the Eternity operators freak out and ban such images,
> so much for "Eternity." Perhaps they could then be named "Ephemeral"
> servers.

Hmmm.  Aren't such images all over Usenet already?  I think people manage
to find them without Eternity servers delivering them via a handy "point
and click" interface.

I think Eternity server administrators should take a pledge not to censor
content, and simply take servers down if an unacceptable amount of heat is
applied.  Perhaps we need "Eternity Server In A Box", and of course
"Eternity for Windoze '95/NT."

For now, with only five operating servers, we need to concentrate on
otherwise homeless free speech, and not spend time replicating the Dregs
of Usenet in a new and interesting format.

     enoch at zipcon.com   $    via Finger                       $
         {Free Cypherpunk Political Prisoner Jim Bell}