Fuck the usenet cabal

Ray Arachelian sunder at brainlink.com
Wed Aug 13 14:19:27 PDT 1997

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> (An autoresponder is an address at cyberpromo.com to which you can send an
> e-mail and get back a pre-recorded response, if your site accepts e-mail
> from cyberpromo.  Supposedly anyone can set one of them up for free
> and provide their own automatic response. Stanford is running a promotion.)
>
> Now, suppose some non-US person sets up an auto-responder that sends out
> strong crypto software, and another non-US person requests it and gets it.
>
> Is anyone going to be guilty of ITAR violations?

Nice idea Doc, but anyone who goes there you can bet will have their email
address added to spamfords databases, and they'll also get loads of spam
in addition to the crypto you wish to export.  :)  Let's not make deals
with the devil.  (Still if the guy on the other side is smart enough to
get a temporary demo account, you're on to a good idea.)

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    |Prying open my 3rd eye.  So good to see |./|\.
..\|/..|sunder at sundernet.com|you once again. I thought you were      |/\|/\
<--*-->| ------------------ |hiding, and you thought that I had run  |\/|\/
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  |away chasing the tail of dogma. I opened|.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"|my eye and there we were....            |.....