Eternity Uncensorable?

David D. W. Downey admin at cyberspacetechnologies.com
Wed Aug 13 02:21:00 PDT 1997

  The Feds will undoubtably attempt to procecute, but the way the federal law re
ABCD Company must have some sort of knowledge in their possesion that conspirato
rs C and D
were actually planning something criminal. Without that knowledge, the governmen
t can not
prove the technicals needed for a conviction.    Scenario: Say the conspirators
committed a
murder.  Malice Afore-thought is crucial to a premeditated murder conviction.
The conspirators could be convicted of premeditated murder because they showed m
alice
aforethought when they purchased and used the weapons involved in the killing.
   Now, ABCD Company can not be charged with premeditated murder as they did not
 take part
in the actual killing. That leaves aiding and abetting, and co-conspiring to com
mit a
felony (aka the premeditiated murder.) ABCD Company would lose if they had culpa
ble knowledge
 1) what the contents of the packages were, and 2) what the conspirators were pl
anning.
    But the Feds would be unable to show malice aforethought on the part of ABCD

Company, thereby blowing the co-conspirator charge out the window. In addition,
culpable
knowledge would not be proven because they did not know the contents of the pack
ages,
thereby blowing the aiding and abetting charges out the window. The Feds' case w
ould hinge
upon the requirement that ABCD Company know the contents of anything moving thro
ugh their
 buisiness. Since their business is legally based upon anonymous mailing abiliti
es, they
can basically tell the government to go blow up a battleship for all the chances
 the Feds
have of winning.>

E-Mail: David D. W. Downey <admin at cyberspacetechnologies.com>
Date: 08/13/97