Guy Polis--FORGERY

William H. Geiger III whgiii at amaranth.com
Mon Aug 11 23:56:05 PDT 1997

In <v03102800b015a6b8c7d7@[207.167.93.63]>, on 08/11/97
   at 10:44 PM, Tim May <tcmay at got.net> said:

>At 6:27 PM -0700 8/11/97, Peter Trei wrote:
>>Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>>> There's a crackpot by the name of Guy Polis (guy at panix.com, polis_guy@
>>> jpmorgan.com) who posts a crackpot "cryptographic manifesto" and sounds
>>> like a bad troll intended to make the folks who promote the use of crypto
>>> look like, well, crackpots. Be warned.
>>
>>Tim May wrote:
>>>  Yeah, and like we're gun-nuts, too!

>Actually, I didn't write that. Just another forgery from "Toto" (I am
>presuming, from past admissions and from the "wombat.sk.sympatico.ca"
>origins).

>Here are some of the relevant headers. Note also the Organization field.

>Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 19:11:44 -0600
>From: Tim May <tcmay at got.net>

>This is getting tiresome. It may be time to just head up to Ottawa, or
>wherever, look this guy up, and do something about him. His overly long
>drunken rants are one thing, and are easily deleted, but impersonating me
>is straight out of Detweiler's book. Must be something about Cypherpunks
>that brings out this urge to impersonate.

Nothing personal Tim but one of the reasons for using Digital Signatures
is to prevent such forgeries.

Ofcource you could be forging the forgeries to persent "plausable
deniability" to all your posts. :)

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html