[Fwd: Virus Warning]]

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 10 13:12:01 PDT 1997

At 09:23 AM 8/9/97 -0400, David D.W. Downey wrote:
>Lynne is most definitely correct. In order for a viral infection to take
>place, execution of the attached file first take place. Even malicious
>MS Word and likeminded word processing macros must inevitably execute a
>binary file. This message was forwarded to me via an ISP Viral Alert
>program. I apologize for not including the fact of program execution as
>being the actual infecting point. To all those familiar and  unfamiliar
>with the way virii operate, please accept my sincere apologies.

Well, now that you've got a clue, make sure you send mail back to the
people who sent you this hoax educating them, and asking them to
follow up to the people who scared them into sending it on.
That way you can all have some Good Times...

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)