Denning backs away from GAK

snow snow at smoke.suba.com
Sun Aug 10 00:27:20 PDT 1997

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Mike Duvos wrote:
> This is obviously the strategy here.  If we lend credibility to the
> examination of chicken entrails because the Sorcerer is saying something
> we agree with, then we are powerless to denounce the process as flim-flam
> when we wake up one morning and find ourselves no longer in the Sorcerer's
> graces.

	Nonsense.

	If we were dealing with rational people here, or even people
irrational people who had an attention span & a memory, you would be right,
but we are dealing with the USG, and the electorate. Their attention span
won't get them across a street without loosing interest, and when they get
to the other side, they have forgotten what they were after any way.

> As Tim says, stick with Constitutional arguments, not utilitarian ones,
> and beware of Wise Persons from the East bearing Gifts.

	Problem is, the constitution isn't worth the paper it is printed
on any more.

Petro, Christopher C.
snow at smoke.suba.com