Query on cookies

Peter Trei trei at process.com
Fri Aug 8 06:50:09 PDT 1997

> Date:          Thu, 7 Aug 1997 23:24:28 -0400 (EDT)
> From:          Declan McCullagh <declan at pathfinder.com>
> To:            "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv at bwalk.dm.com>
> Cc:            cypherpunks at toad.com
> Subject:       Re: Query on cookies

> I believe this is what the folks at Netscape tried to eliminate in 4.0,
> which I'm told features four cookie settings. One rejects "third party
> cookies."
>
> -Declan

Well, I'm using version 4.01a for NT. There are three settings for
cookies:

1. Accept all cookies.
2. Accept only cookies which get sent back to the originating server.
3. Disable cookies.

There's also a checkbox labled:

"Warn me for accepting a cookie."

I've been fairly unhappy with this version - the cookie management
and the "Personal Toolbar" (user specified buttons for frequently
visited sites) are the only new features that seem useful. It tends
to crash frequently, and the usenet news (aka "Collabra Discussion
Groups") seems to be broken (some of the earlier versions had a
fairly useful newsreader). It's also a disk hog.

Note: This is a beta version.

Peter Trei
trei at process.com

PS: I have it set on 'disable cookies'.

DISCLAIMER: The above is my personal opinion only, and not
neccesarily representative of my employer.