forged cancels (Re: Entrust Technologies's Solo - free download)

Paul Bradley paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 11:15:21 PDT 1997

> > > posts into usenet you don't wish them to be removed from usenet?
> >
> > That would be for Dimitri to decide for himself, and not for some
> > cocksucker to take a unilateral decision on.
>
> I have made no such unilateral decision,  I have simply asked a question
> of the good Doctor.

Quite so, maybe this was phrased in such a way as it looked insulting to
you, it wasn`t intended to be so, merely a general swipe at cancel-forgers.

> > Of course disabling cancels on all news-servers would mean such a freak
> > article couldn`t be cancelled, even by it`s author,
>
> Wouldn't authentercated cancel models be better so an artical could be
> cancelled by its author and no other.

This would be a good idea, which I thought about when I posted the
article, but it`s probably too much to expect all the news-admins of the
major sites to keep up to date with their s/w and for the s/w authors to
write in such functionality, just turning of cancels is easier.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul at crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul at cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/