Post Office to act as CA, creator of keys

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Thu Apr 24 11:37:16 PDT 1997

Are the people at C2Net really this clueless, or is this a joke?

Greg Broiles <gbroiles at netbox.com> writes:

> >Who in their right mind would *trust* the Post Office to act as a CA?
>
> Have been trying to think of a legitimate reason for the CA to generate keys,
> instead of the end-user; haven't come up with one yet. ...

To keep a copy, obviously.

> The database description doesn't list the private keys among the data that
> the Post Office plans to retain.

Let me see if I follow the C2Net shill's logic:

USPS generates my public/private pair of keys.
USPS doesn't list the private keys as the data USPS plans to retain
Therefore I can assume that they won't retain it.

I guess this fits with everything else C2Net's been doing and saying.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM