David Friedman and assassination politics

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Sun Apr 20 23:38:44 PDT 1997

At 2:13 PM -0700 4/20/97, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>For the record: I doubt everyone agrees with your "libertarianism is
>intertwined with assassination politics" line... I suggest that one can
>believe in minimal government and other libertarian mainstays without
>seeing a need to kill off those whom we dislike, be they IRS agents or
>surly supermarket clerks.

I thought I'd pass on this quote:

"Four more jeeks run up to join them.  Y.T. counts two more revolvers and a
pump shotgun.  Any more of these guys and they'll be able to form a
government."

  - Snow Crash p84, Neal Stephenson

I have always thought that what the newspapers call "anarchy" is not the
absence of government, but rather the presence of too many competing
governments.

I prefer nonviolent solutions myself.

Bill Frantz       | God could make the world   | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | in six days because he did | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | not have an installed base.| Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA