Bombing Denver? / Or: How Capt. Button Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Huge Cajones Remailer nobody at huge.cajones.com
Sun Apr 13 22:07:11 PDT 1997

snow wrote:

> > The story thus far:
> >   An United States A-10 warplane on a live bombing run breaks formation
> > and spends the next hour flying toward Colorado.
> >   And the best explaination that the military can provide is that a
> > U.S. warplane capable of doing major damage to a U.S. city just flew
> > around for over an hour, with no way for the military to prevent it
> > from bombing our citizens.
> >   The military tells us that a warplane approached some of the most
> > sensitive military installations in the country, without being noticed
> > or intercepted.
>
>         Well, Considering that A-10's can fly comfortably in "ground clutter",
> or "trees" as civilians call them, it isn't suprising to me that they
> couldn't track the fucker, and it is my firm belief that if the pilot
> had wanted to dump his paylod over denver, coffin makers would be on overtime
> right now.

  So you are basically claiming that Jim Bell's AP system opens the door
for U.S. military personnel to participate, given the fact that U.S.
defences are incapable of screening the mentally unstable from having
possession of the latest in hi-tech armaments, or stopping them if they
should choose to pick up a little cash on the side?

  Does your "firm belief" account for the fact that, upon changing
direction near the end of the flight, as if in a bombing run for
Denver or Vail, the A-10 suddenly reversed direction, as if taking
evasive action, and then circled back to resume it's run, before
disappearing?

  Even giving the least threatening scenario, that the pilot went
for an innocent joyride and ran out of gas, it astounds me that
the media could just wholeheartedly embrace the military's limp
explainations of the fact that an armed warplane could wander at
will through some of the most sensitive military areas in the
country, and not bring this to the public's attention.
  Perhaps the bars and lounges that the news media personnel
relaxed in during Desert Storm, while feeding the public the
military's press releases verbatim were disassembled and moved
to the U.S.

  It would be a shame if the media raised troubling questions in
regard to this affair and the Pentagon raised the price of drinks
in the media lounge.

TruthMonger