"internet is ruining representative govt"

Toto toto at sk.sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 12 16:52:01 PDT 1997

Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

> *To: Multiple recipients of list <info-policy-notes at essential.org>
> *Subject: Cokie Roberts on How Internet Is Ruining Representative Government

> For many parents, the idea of yet another influence in their children's
> lives over which they have no control is threatening.

  Kookie Roberts is just another in a long line of parents who
seem to think that control over their children's development
is the responsibility of someone other than themselves.
  I have a wonderful idea. How about if those parents who don't
want to assume responsibility for control over their children's
lives pass custody of them to someone who will assume that
responsibility, instead of arguing that everyone else's rights
must be abridged because they are busy doing other things.

  I, for one, don't want to be forced to live in Kookie's world
just because she is too busy being busy and important to properly
supervise her children.
--
Toto
"The Xenix Chainsaw Massacre"