Jim Bell raid

Jim Bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Sat Apr 12 11:40:22 PDT 1997

At 03:43 4/10/97 -0400, Sergey Goldgaber wrote:
>On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Greg Broiles wrote:

>- -> I realize that we're talking about net-time, but "long before" seems
like a
>- -> poor way to describe the 2-2.5 days between the appearance of the "IRS
>- -> Inspection" report (which was, in fact, the transcription of newspaper
story)

>Time flies fast on the Internet; or haven't you noticed?  Three days of rather
>heated discussion took place between the time the arrest was announced and
>your message saying that you had the warrants, etc.

For the record, I was never arrested and so far haven't been charged with
anything.  They're mightily pissed, however, and who knows what'll happen in
the future.  However, the local news was pretty embarrassing to them, and
they've unintentionally alerted the media that there is actually a story to
be covered, although it wasn't the one they wanted!

The local newspaper is putting the essay on their website, or so I hear, so
the public is going to be able to bypass all of the government hype and get
to the real issue.

Jim Bell
jimbell at pacifier.com