Black box attacks (was Re: Crypto-Dongel)

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Wed Apr 9 13:45:29 PDT 1997

At 12:35 PM 4/9/97 -0400, Cynthia H. Brown wrote:
>If you're trying to destroy a standard IC, why don't you just hook up the
>power and ground pins to a 120V AC outlet?

You are unlikely to have AC in a system by the time the tamper detector
senses an intrusion. Similar problems apply to arcs and anything based on
discharging a large capacitor.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred

   "I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and
    violence, I would advise violence." Mahatma Gandhi