AP Revisited

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Tue Apr 8 17:10:02 PDT 1997

paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk writes:

> > 	Like Insurance? By purchasing insurance you are in effect
> > betting that you _will_ have an accident that does more damage than
> > you have paid in premiums.
> >
> > 	Really contorted huh?
>
> Hmm, I hadn`t thought of that, this is an interesting way to see AP:
> Taking out a life insurance policy on someone else...

But of course - entities that sell insurance/write options refer to
their business as "making bets" and that's exactly what it is.

By the way a lot of people in the finance industry are compulsive
gamblers who lose tremendous amounts of money on horses, sports
events, Atlantic City, etc.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM