Hallam-Baker is willing to testify

Phillip M. Hallam-Baker hallam at ai.mit.edu
Fri Apr 4 16:36:24 PST 1997

null at myemail.net wrote in article <5i3vrt$aad at life.ai.mit.edu>...

> Hallam-Baker, pissing all over his own train of logic, wrote:

> > I will not only refuse to support Bell, I'll testify against him in
> > court if asked.
>
>   What are you going to testify to?

He sent me a considerable amount of material in private email.

Anonynous insults do not impress me.

>   To Bell's scheme not being a threat to anybody because it would
> never work?  That it is nothing more than a theoretical exercise
> which does not present a danger to a single soul?

I don't think it was a theoretical exercise. I think Jim scrambled his
brain with a dodgy dose of amphetamines or similar. His posts sounded
to me like the work of someone with a personality disorder who was
working his way up to psychopath.

>That it is
> preposterous of the government to prosecute someone on the basis
> of a pie-in-the-sky, preposterous idea?

It may sound loony to you but I have no doubt that Jim believed
what he wrote and intended others to act on it. I'm not sure that
he acted on it himself but I would not be at all suprised.

	Phill