Analysis of proposed UK ban on use of non-escrowed crypto.

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Wed Apr 2 00:10:51 PST 1997

On Tue, Apr 01, 1997 at 04:22:01PM -0800, Huge Cajones Remailer wrote:
> Kent Crispin dribbled syphlyrically:
>
> > Like it or not, businesses like -- no, *need* -- key escrow -- company
> > secrets can't go down the drain because someone gets hit by a truck.
>
>   An exact quote from some of your earlier posts.
>   Are you working from a cheat-sheet?
>   Is someone _telling_ you what to say?
>   Are they holding your kids hostage and _making_ you say this?
>   Is it time for Big Brother to hire some fresh writers?

Not my best prose, for sure.  But it is a reflection of sentiments I
have seen expressed by people in business.

I'm not working from a cheat sheet.  No one is telling me what to say.
Just like you, I am too totally inconsequential to make it worth
anyone's time to try to make me say anything.

I am not in favor of GAK, either.  When I talk about companies wanting
key escrow I am speaking from observation, not ideology.  It's sad
that a mailing list that purports to be a bastion of free thought
harbors so many closed minds -- people who don't have the faintest
idea about my beliefs fall all over themselves jumping to conclusions,
apparently because they have become so conditioned to certain
buzzphrases that they no longer think.

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent at songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...