DCSB April Meeting Cancelled

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Tue Apr 1 05:05:28 PST 1997

No, it's not an April Fool's joke. (Or, maybe it is, but it's not mine,
anyway.)

It's 07:19. The commuter rail isn't running. The busses aren't running. The
subways are only running where they're underground. Logan's closed and
won't open until 3 this afternoon, which means that Stewart Baker can't get
here to speak. And, finally, the Harvard Club, which is usually open at
this hour for breakfast, isn't answering the phone, which makes sense,
because the manager gave me his home number yesterday in case something
like this happened, and I called him just now, and *he's* still home. :-).

So, as they say in the movies, "Game over, man."

I think it'll probably be easier just to cancel this month's meeting, and,
if Mr. Baker wants to come some other time, we'll reschedule him -- and
reschedule our other speakers, if necessary, to accomodate him. If folks
really just want to delay the meeting and cobble together another program
later this week or next, we can of course discuss it on the dcsb list. I'm
sure the Club would love our revenue. :-).

So, let's talk about the money, shall we?

If you sent me a check for this meeting, and you plan on coming to the next
meeting, I'll hold it for next time. Just let me know. If you sent me a
check and you don't plan to come next time, I'd prefer to just tear up the
check rather than send it back (I probably don't have the envelope anymore,
anyway :-)). I'll send you a PGP signed confirmation of that fact, with the
check number. However, if *really* want me to send your check back, let me
know. Please remember to include your mailing address, so I know where to
send it back to.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and, see you next time!

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga
(Snowed in) Moderator,
The Digital Commerce Society of Boston

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
Lesley Stahl: "You mean *anyone* can set up a web site and compete
               with the New York Times?"
Andrew Kantor: "Yes."  Stahl:  "Isn't that dangerous?"
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/