Not reputation again! (Was: The Nature of the Cypherpunks List)

E. Allen Smith EALLENSMITH at ocelot.Rutgers.EDU
Mon Sep 30 16:49:42 PDT 1996

From:	IN%"gregburk at netcom.com" 25-SEP-1996 07:25:48.98

>You could contend that the Poster With Nothing Better To Do's reputation
>is balanced precariously at exactly 0. I would find that a big stretch,
>and as above, if that's 0, what's negative?

	A fully anonymous individual (not a pseudonym or otherwise
trackable individual) is inevitably going to have a reputation of 0.
It can't be negative; that would be saying that I could flame myself via
remailers and _increase_ my reputation if I did it properly. The person
can't exactly build up a reputation of above 0, since that would require
multiple good postings and/or some form of escrow.
	-Allen