WARNING: This Message Actually Contains a Question Reguarding Crypto!

Jüri Kaljundi jk at stallion.ee
Sat Sep 28 09:34:01 PDT 1996

 Tue, 24 Sep 1996, William H. Geiger III wrote:

> I just recently downloaded copies of Blowfish & Ghost.
>
> Does anyone have any experiance with these two algorithims?
>
> Does anyone know how they are using Blowfish and why?

A program called F-Secure Desktop for Windows 3.x and Windows 95 is using
Blowfish with 256-bit keys. It is meant for encrypting the files on your
hard disk and it works nicely together with Windows File Manager or
Windows95 shell. I would say it is one of the best strong and easy to use
HD encryption programs (only that it costs $$).

It is manufactured by Datafellows, who is also distributing F-Secure SSH.
You can download the demo version at http://www.datafellows.com/f-secure/

Why they are using it: may be because it is fast on Intel Pentium and
Pentium Pro processors, as discussed in Applied Cryptography?

Jüri Kaljundi
AS Stallion
jk at stallion.ee