Mitsubishi MISTY LSI

pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Fri Sep 27 23:26:49 PDT 1996

>Does anyone have a reason not to consider this algorithm snake oil?  e.g.:
>
>Was it developed by a well known cryptographer?
>Has it been vetted by someone/some organization with reputation?
>
>I other words, why should we trust it?

It was developed by a team lead by Mitsuru Matsui and has been subject to
fairly intense analysis, although not by non-Mitsubishi people AFAIK.  In any
case it's not the usual snake oil.  When I last talked to someone from
Mitsubishi who was working on Misty I tried to convince them to make details
available online, you could try something like www.melco.co.jp to see if
there's anything available.

Peter.