Anonymous Mail at US Post

Scott Kenney saken at chardos.connix.com
Fri Sep 27 23:07:35 PDT 1996

Greg Kucharo wrote:
:
: I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but I was mailing letters
: in the "out front" boxes the other day when I noticed a sign.  The sign
: said that all packages 16 ounces or over had to be taken inside for
: disposal into the mail slot. The obvious explanation being that even
: though you can abstain from marking a return address, the postal
: inspectors would like a nice photo of you with your mail.

Note that neither the USPS or the Postal inspection service really want
anything to do with this crap. This was mandated by the FAA which
threatened to stop allowing the mails to be carried on domestic
passenger flights.

-
     scott kenney * saken at chardos.connix.com * freebsd hacker * toriphile
                    disgruntled postal worker * aimee-fan