ssh - How widely used?

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Fri Sep 27 10:22:34 PDT 1996

Adam Shostack writes:
> 	Theres a windows version, mac is under vauge development.  SSH
> is pretty cool, but the code base is somewhat messy, and its shows
> signs of its origins in things like systems calls not having their
> return values checked.
>
> 	Despite all this, I use it, like it, and recomend it for use
> in systems not likely to come under attack by professionals.

I actually think its probably okay even for systems that might come
under professional attack -- I don't recommend it for use on systems
that are mission critical, though, like systems running transactions
and such. Indeed, I don't recommend running ANYTHING on such systems
unless you are really, really, really careful about what you are
running and where you are running it from.

.pm