Public Schools

Phil Fraering pgf at acadian.net
Wed Sep 25 13:00:16 PDT 1996

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> You must have attended a public school if you don't understand that geentic
> superiority leads to economic success.  My older kid goes to a private school.
> The parents are obviously genetically superior to public school parents.

Stop wallowing around in determinism if you expect to get anywhere.

> > And the reason it costs so much to send a kid to private school is that
> > everyone's already paying for a more expensive public school thanks to all
> > the taxes.
>
> Push vouchers. What's the cryptorelevance of your comments, anyway?

Without vouchers, you don't say anything about the intelligence of your
test subjects; to a _very_ large degree, intelligence isn't genetic. Or
it helps for the first five minutes, but after that you're on your own.

"The world is full of unrewarded genius..."

> > So if I'm economically successful it'll change my genes?
> >
> > I guess this is the famous Russian belief in Lamarkianism in action.
> No, on the contrary, sending poor kids to good schools on scholarships
> does not improve their genes. They tend to become drug dealers.

At the private school I went to this was not the case. Only the spoiled
rich kids were that stupid, although by your definitions, they should
have been smarter than that.

> Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM
> Brighton Beach Boardwalk BBS, Forest Hills, N.Y.: +1-718-261-2013, 14.4Kbps

Phil Fraering          The above is the opinion of neither my internet
pgf at acadian.net        service provider nor my employer.
318/261-9649