AP [was: Re: Kiddie porn on the Internet] [NOISE]

Jean-Francois Avon jf_avon at citenet.net
Tue Sep 24 16:25:28 PDT 1996

On 23 Sep 96 at 22:10, hallam at vesuvius.ai.mit.edu wrote:

> People like Jim want to impose their will on others by
> force.

Mr. Bell pushing the AP scheme does not mean that he wants to impose his
ideas by force since he will have *no* mean of controlling what ideas
will be favored.  It is strictly market forces that will dictates
what will happens.  As many, including Mr. Bell have pointed out, he
might very well be one of the first victim of the AP system.

Mr Bell is pushing AP because he believe that the bulk of human race
wants to live peacefully and he therefore concludes that AP, being
led by the demand of ordinary people, will lead to a more peacefull
world.  When you'll get to learn how AP operates, your conclusions of
an AP regulated world will, IMO, be dependent on the specifics of
your definition of human race.

> Despite prolonged attempts by each faction to assasinate the
> leaders of the other they have been unsuccessful.

As I mentionned in my other post to you, this is not a reference
since the operating mode of AP is entirely different.

> If terrorists trained by Lybia and Syria are unable to assasinate
> at will then we can be sure thaqt Jim's band of kooks is not going
> to get any further.

Again, absolutely irrelevant to AP.  Go read the book again.

> It is suprising that someone from the press has not seized upon
> Jims ideas as cause for another cyber-scare.  I suspect this is
> because people like Markof are somewhat more responsible.

No, it is not surprizing at all, but you did not seem to have
understood why:

1) The dissatisfaction of the population is such that
many would actively seek where to send their buck to have somebody
offed.

2) The way AP works, journalists would be priviledged victims,
paid for by the same disgruntled population

3) More than everything else, they (the journalists) probably
understood *exactly* how AP works and thus fully realised point 2)

> This is not going to stop me from producing an op-ed piece linkiing
> the net libertarians to assasination politics unless I hear a few
> more repudiations of Bell's ideas.

That would be the best way of promoting AP.  Every peoples who favor
it would say: "Go ahead, it'll be our pleasure!"

AP will not die for several reason.  The first one is that it only
requires knowledge and a little coding.  The second is that there is
a demand.  Prostitution could never be eliminated.  Yet, it does not
menace the system itself.  AP will be tougher than prostitution and
it will probably actively seek the system's destruction (as we know
it).

I suggest you try to understand the mechanics of AP.

jfa

Jean-Francois Avon, Montreal QC Canada
 DePompadour, Societe d'Importation Ltee
    Finest Limoges porcelain and crystal
 JFA Technologies, R&D consultant
    physicists and engineers, LabView programming
PGP keys at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891