Macintosh Mixmaster port... Who's doing it?

Geoffrey KEATING geoffk at discus.anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 23 04:24:47 PDT 1996

> Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 16:26:11 -0700
> From: Greg Broiles <gbroiles at netbox.com>

> At 03:16 PM 9/22/96 -0500, Adam Shostack wrote:
> I'm pottering around with a Java-based remailer that acts like a POP client
> so it can run on a client machine, not a Unix box; but other people should
> take that as a challenge to see if they can finish one before/better than
> me, not a reason to avoid writing one. Hal Finney has already done some
> very nice work with Java and mailing; see his home page (the address of
> which I don't have immediately at hand) for more details.

Hal is at http://www.portal.com/~hfinney/ .

I have a prototype PGP-encryption implementation in Java, which I was
intending to build into a remailer _client_ (I think remailers
themselves will be better written in C for performance reasons, or at
least the crypto portions); at first, for 'type I' remailers, then
perhaps for mixmaster.

The prototype, which just encrypts to a public key, has been put at
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~geoffk/pke/ .  I'd appreciate people
looking over it, particularly the random number generation.

[The prototype is actually somewhat useful. It's about as secure as
downloading PGP in binary form... ]
--
-Geoff Keating (geoffk at ozemail.com.au, Geoff.Keating at anu.edu.au)