[Fwd: Re: All Bets Off]

Joel Jacobs jjacobs at mail.koyote.com
Sun Sep 22 13:56:24 PDT 1996

I just got passed this, don't know the context, nor the thread.  Clancy was
NOT a Navy captain.  He does tons of research for his books....his advisor
IS a retired Navy Captain named J.M. Rodgers.  How do I know?  I also use
Captain Rodgers as a consultant, AND, I e-mail with Clancy a couple or three
times a week. BTW: I'm a retired U.S. Navy Chief Journalist. HTH.

Joel Jacobs
Co-author of the soon to be published, "Death Watch"

>Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 13:22:27 -0500
>To: jjacobs at mail.koyote.com
>Subject: [Fwd: Re: All Bets Off]
>
>The Deviant wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Daniel Christopher Miskell wrote:
>>
>> > Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:30:32 -0400
>> > From: Daniel Christopher Miskell <DMiskell at envirolink.org>
>> > To: Rabid Wombat <wombat at mcfeely.bsfs.org>
>> > Cc: cypherpunks at toad.com
>> > Subject: Re: All Bets Off

>> [lots of quoting rm'd]
>>

>> > Tom Clancy is not a military-hired brain, but to make his novels
realistic and
>> > to do justice to the people he portrays, he does a LOT of research.  He
is a
>> > highly respected author, and I have no doubt that his statement is based on
>> > his personal findings, collected for a previous novel.
>> >

>> I beleive he was also a Capain in the Navy...
>>
>>  --Deviant
>> Old MacDonald had an agricultural real estate tax abatement.
>
>--
>----------------------------------
>Bernie and Shirley Taner
>betsat at texoma.com
>----------------------------------
>From: The Deviant <deviant at pooh-corner.com>
>Newsgroups: ailab.cypherpunks
>Subject: Re: All Bets Off
>Date: 19 Sep 1996 20:30:11 -0400
>Sender: daemon at ai.mit.edu
>
>On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Daniel Christopher Miskell wrote:
>
>> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:30:32 -0400
>> From: Daniel Christopher Miskell <DMiskell at envirolink.org>
>> To: Rabid Wombat <wombat at mcfeely.bsfs.org>
>> Cc: cypherpunks at toad.com
>> Subject: Re: All Bets Off
>>
>> >On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, Jeff Davis wrote:
>> >

>[lots of quoting rm'd]
>

>> Tom Clancy is not a military-hired brain, but to make his novels
realistic and
>> to do justice to the people he portrays, he does a LOT of research.  He is a
>> highly respected author, and I have no doubt that his statement is based on
>> his personal findings, collected for a previous novel.
>>

>I beleive he was also a Capain in the Navy...
>
> --Deviant
>Old MacDonald had an agricultural real estate tax abatement.

Joel Jacobs
jjacobs at koyote.com

	"Most people yearn for the return to an idealized past,
           a past, which, in fact, never existed."
	                                          Frank Herbert, "Dune"