Snake-Oil FAQ

William H. Geiger III whgiii at amaranth.com
Sun Sep 22 03:53:18 PDT 1996

In <v03007808ae6a2dfa2a73@[206.170.115.3]>, on 09/21/96 at 04:47 PM,
   Lance Cottrell <loki at infonex.com> said:

>I am setting up just such a list. I plan to award products for both
>excellent and lousy crypto. This really should be a committee (yuch)
>effort, so if you would like to participate, please let me know.

I would be intrested in this. I would like to see the following information made
available for any product that made it on to the list:

Detailed listings of pro/cons of the product.

Contact with the authors & listing of any rebutials they may have for the cons.

A appendix to the list explaining why the individule points are a pro or a con for
crypto products.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii
Geiger Consulting    WebExplorer & Java Enhanced!!!
Merlin Beta Test Site - WarpServer SMP Test Site

Author of PGPMR2 - PGP Front End for MR/2 Ice

Look for MR/2 Tips & Rexx Scripts
Get Work Place Shell for Windows!!

Finger whgiii at amaranth.com for PGP Key and other info