timmy waxes a widdle on AP

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Sep 21 15:27:34 PDT 1996

At 08:11 PM 9/17/96 -0700, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:
> but I'm still a bit confused about those prices. what determines
> them, anyway? risk to the assassin? it seems that it ought to be
> as easy to snuff out one person as it would another. e.g. everybody
> walks alone out at night at different times, it seems.

Although government services to the rich and poor cost about
the same, the quality is radically different.  Thus the risk
involved in killing a poor person is vastly less than the
risk involved in killing a middle class person.

This is most noticeable in education, where black children
are kept in holding pens with leaky roofs, masquerading as
schools, for a cost that would suffice to build classrooms
with a hot tub in each classroom and a pentium on every desk,
even if we burnt the classroom down with the equipment inside
every year and and replaced it every year.

On the other hand, food, clothing, and transport, being
provided for money by the free market, tend to be roughly
equal for rich and poor.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com