author/subject ratings sharing, Bryce's cpunks killfile was: Re: cypherpunk listserve usefuln

bryce at digicash.com bryce at digicash.com
Wed Sep 18 18:22:14 PDT 1996

 A million monkeys operating under the pseudonym "Chip Mefford
 <cmefford at avwashington.com>" typed:

> As much as it shames me, I have recently discovered that by filtering
> messages from only 2 participants and setting body filters on 3 keywords
> have remarkably improved the usefulness of this listserve.
>
> As much as I do enjoy some of the filtered subject matter, I really feel it
> is very off subject and makes this listserver useless for the intended task.
>
> I guess that makes me a censor and it has me reexamining some things.

It is very confusing to _me_, Chip, that you are ashamed of this
or that it has shaken your beliefs somehow.  Is it that you are
not aware of the distinction between coercive "silencing of the
speaker" censorship and non-coercive "ceasing to list to the
speaker" censorship?

I would love to know the two names and three subjects.  In the
spirit of reciprocation, here is a file called "cpunks.filter"
I have.  I currently process it by hand or with simple tcsh
scripts.  Actually I don't actually refer to this file very
often.

- ------- begin included file "cpunks.filter" -------
Authors:

Bryce 9