Spam blacklist project

Greg Broiles gbroiles at netbox.com
Tue Sep 17 22:38:36 PDT 1996

At 12:52 PM 9/17/96 -0400, Rabid Wombat wrote:

>I'd say it's a safe bet that the unscrupulous could easily sell a large,
>up-to-date list of email addresses of people who DON'T want junk email to
>people who want to send such mail.

That's why the list should be distributed (as the original poster
mentioned) in hashed format - the junk email people would then hash their
own list(s), and would know not to send to addresses where the hashes
matched. The unmatched hashes addresses on the "block" list aren't
otherwise useful to the junk e-mail folks.

It's an interesting idea .. but who is going to pay for it? (doh.)

--
Greg Broiles                |  "We pretend to be their friends,
gbroiles at netbox.com         |   but they fuck with our heads."