The Expat Tax Is Law - The Door Is Now Closed!

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Tue Sep 17 22:28:31 PDT 1996

tcmay at got.net (Tim May) (fart) writes:
> The imposition of draconian taxation policies effectively says that the
> U.S. is now doing what the Soviet Union did to emigrants: demand that they
> "pay back" various costs the government claimed they had incurred.

Not true.  The late Soviet Union tried asking emigrants to pay for their
higher education (i.e. college and graduate school), not the secondary
education, medical care, and other substantial costs borne by the society.
They did it as an experiment for, I think, less than a year, and stopped
because of the whining from the United States (the primary benefitiary
of the free Soviet education, whatever it was worth).

The U.S. does things the former Soviet Union would never have thought of.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM