Assassination Politics, was Kiddie porn on the Internet

Steve Schear azur at netcom.com
Tue Sep 17 17:36:24 PDT 1996

>On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Steve Schear wrote:
>
>> Someone wrote:
>
>> >The problem is that assasination rarely leads to the installation of
>> >a government that is any better. In most cases it gets worse.
>
>[...]
>
>> We've all heard these arguments, but are they true?  Who says so, and how
>> can they be certain? Jim's suggestion has never, to my knowledge, been
>> tried on a consistant, large, scale.  When all conventional alternatives
>> have been tried and fail, what have we or the starving children got to
>> lose?
>
>I think "Lord of the Flies" answers this question quite well.

Does it?  LOTF was fiction.  Can you identify a recent instance in which a
non-governmental organization attempted to influence political/military
events via a concerted AP?

>> Is it legal for citizens of the U.S. to engage in contract killing of
>> foreign military, politations, etc?  How about U.S. or foreign non-profits?
>
>As to the first, yes.  (There are several anti-mercenary statutes on the
>books)  As to the second, I don't understand the question.

So, you're saying it is legal for citizens?

The second question was whether a non-profit org. could raise
tax-deductible funds to conduct such operations.

PGP Fingerprint: FE 90 1A 95 9D EA 8D 61  81 2E CC A9 A4 4A FB A9
Snoop Daty Data           | Internet: azur at netcom.com
Grinder                   | Voice: 1-702-655-2877
Sacred Cow Meat Co.       | Fax: 1-702-658-2673
7075 W. Gowan Road, #2148 |
Las Vegas, NV 89129       |

Just say NO to perscription DRUGS.