U.S. Helped Wipe Out One of the Kurdish Factions

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Mon Sep 16 22:14:57 PDT 1996

At 9:00 PM 9/16/96, jim bell wrote:

>condition which is forced on the victims. In addition, you almost always
>find that these starving countries have well-supplied militaries, defending
>the local warlords against each other as in Somalia.  Indeed, in Somalia the
>incoming food was actually used to buoy up one group against another,
>because access to it is controlled directly or indirectly by the factions.

The reports that the U.S. spent $100 million supporting the Kurdish
struggle against the central government is a related point.

The $100 M went into weapons, food, etc., which the U.S.-supported side
used against the Iran-supported side. Then the U.S.-supported side allied
themselves with the central government, however temporarily, and is not
engaging in a "mopping up operation" (translation: summary execution of all
members found of the losing side, including wives and children).

Our $100 million helped wipe out the "losing side" Kurds, and also
strengthened the previously-poor reputation of Saddam Hussein (who just got
a unanimous vote of support from the Arab League foreign ministers meeting
in Cairo...this likely  explains why the weekend's predicted massive raid
on Baghdad was shelved...Clinton is already backpedaling, and may send
Hilary/Hillary to Baghdad to help the Baghdad "Save the Children" chapter).

(Note: Only this last point, about Hilary, is made up...the rest is what is
actually happening.)

--Tim May

Higher Power: 2^1,257,787-1 | black markets, collapse of governments.