Kiddie porn on the Internet

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Sep 15 23:53:33 PDT 1996

[Allegations that "save the children" is a political organization
providing cover for an effort to ban cryptography]

At 01:54 PM 9/9/96 -0400, Hallam-Baker wrote:
> Their main mission is sending food to Ethiopia and other famine
> areas, development work etc. It is ultra-worthy stuff.

Not everyone who sends food to the starving children is ultra
respectable.

Problem is that the usual cause of starving children is tyranny.
In order to get close enough to the starving children to take
those cute fund raising photographs you have to pay off and get
cosy with tyrants.  This creates a moral hazard, in that it is
hard to tell the difference between normal bribery needed to do
anything in a tyrannical state, and bribery to bribe tyrants to
create starving children for photo ops.

It is very common for international charities to develop excessively
friendly relationships with murderous tyrannies,

Monsters do not generally sport horns and a tail.  More commonly
they walk around on two legs with large neon halos prominently
displayed.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com