Fed appellate judge remarks re anonymity, free speech o

Jean-Francois Avon jf_avon at citenet.net
Sun Sep 15 18:53:24 PDT 1996

On 14 Sep 96 at 20:14, paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk wrote:

> >The article quotes Kozinski as saying "I have a severe problem with
> >anonymous E-mailers . . . You don't have a right to walk up to
> >somebody's door and knock with a bag over your head." The article
> >says Kozinski likened anonymous E-mail to menacing someone.

> What is the offense involved then, going bagged in a public place?
> since when do I or anyone else not have the right to wear a bag on
> my head?

<BS_mode> Make-up should be outlawed!  The potential for turning
oneself into an anonymous creature is *way* to big for not being
alarming.  There ought to be a law!
<BR>
And beside, although it is
often used as an enhancing tool, of what use is the little and
irrelevant egoist human pleasure of looking "nice" when we are
viewing things from the standpoint a sensitive and poor and
terrified child or frail and defenseless woman?
</BS_Mode>

jfa
Jean-Francois Avon, Montreal QC Canada
"One of theses centuries, the brutes, private or public, who believe
that they can rule their betters by force, will learn the lesson of
what happens when brute force encounters mind and force."
                                              - Ragnar Danneskjold
PGP key at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891