unwanted mail..what can I do?

AwakenToMe at aol.com AwakenToMe at aol.com
Sat Sep 14 11:53:00 PDT 1996

In a message dated 96-09-14 01:18:49 EDT, dlv at bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis
KOTM) writes:

<<
 AwakenToMe at aol.com writes:

 > I recieved mail from netfree.com..
 > I tried mailing it back (it def. had a forged address, but I got the
netfree
 > from the mail header.....)
 > So anyway..... I tried sending to root at netfree....my mail was rejected
(not
 > unknown ...it was rejected by the system) said it wasnt authorized... so I
 > tried support at netfree...same thing.
 > It ISSSSS rather annoying...any sugestions?

 Yes, a bunch of them:

 1. Get a life. Learn to delete unwanted e-mail. Get a real shell account.

 2. Ask AOL to let its users decide what e-mail to reject automatically (like
 procmail). They've been promising this capability by the end of September.
 Then you can set up your account to get no more e-mail from netfree.

Typical asshole response. I must thank chuck at nova..etc. for his TRULY helpful
response.
But you........get a real shell account?? I do thank you. netcom and a school
system. I can delete unwanted mail. But maybe I LIKE to yell at people who
spam me. And ive never received mail from netfree before..nor since... thats
NOT my problem. Learn to comprehend what pthers write. I wanted to know what
I can do about getting in coontact with them. It is in my opinion not right
to forge email addresses...people dont do it when the send me us postal mail