PANIX.COM down: denial of service attack

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Fri Sep 13 17:37:37 PDT 1996

At 10:13 AM 9/13/96 -0400, pjb at ny.ubs.com wrote:
>> "As to who might be targeting Panix, the firm's Mr. Rosen speculated it
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>It could, of course, also be someone, from a set of several million, that
>find Mr. Rosen to be such as odious prick that they did it just to drive him
>out of their misery. Just thinking out loud..

Or it could be any of the readers of 2600 (which published an article on
SYN floods in the last issue).
---
Alan Olsen -- alano at teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon
                "Microsoft -- Nothing but NT promises."