SPL -- Suspicious Persons List

Hallam-Baker hallam at ai.mit.edu
Thu Sep 12 20:32:09 PDT 1996

Timothy C. May wrote:

> Digitaltronics Corporation V.P of Human Relations: "Joe, thanks for coming
> in this morning. I'm sure you're busy, so I'll make this as short as
> possible. OK with you?"
>
> Joseph Shlubsky, Programmer: "Uh, sure." <nervously>

Yeah, thats why we Europeans have labour laws that prevent
Digitaltronics
from doing any such thing without getting sued from here to eternity.

Pity you guys missed out on the idea of trades unions and think that
employment is some kind of serfdom in which you loose all your rights
the
day you sign up. If you hadn't sold your government to the cooprorations
a while back you might have got out of the middle ages.

I suspect that even under the weak as dishwater employment laws that
you have in the US would provide ample opportunity to file a
countersuit.

When that type of thing happens, they don't give the reason, they do
it behind closed doors. How do you fight that?

		Phill